Wednesday, May 14
May 14 Update
Carrick has made it almost 36 hrs on the CPAP! His oxygen setting is below 30%, also! We breathe 21% oxygen so that's the lowest his setting will go; in other words, he is close to breathing like we breathe. The nurse said he wouldn't need blood for awhile, too! He's still on dopamine, but he's on the second lowest dose. His PIE looks the same so no change there, but his lungs are working! The nurses keep telling us he's feisty and a fighter. Translation: He's on CPAP and still moving around, which means breathing isn't draining all his energy like it did last time. He keeps moving his arms up near his head, and it looks like he's trying to pull all the CPAP tubes and straps off. Take a look at the picture and you'll see why. His mouth is taped shut while he's on the CPAP to keep the pressure. When he gets off dopamine we can hold him. Maybe this week will be the week. We might get to take him out of his isolette that he's never left since birth and hold him in our arms. We haven't been touching him yesterday or today so he can concentrate on breathing. I just want to hold my son. All the fathers know what it's like to be separated from your child; I only feel like half a father. We'll keep you posted. More to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Will & Jenni,
I know your Mom Jenni, through TLC. My daughter and I sent you emails and pictures, but found out your computer had crashed. Hopefully you'll be able to read them soon. My daughter, Stephanie, went through what you're going through now except she was in the hospital almost 4 wks. before delivery. We have a long story and will share with you sometimes. But....we have a BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY, TALK YOUR HEAD OFF 3 YR. OLD little girl. She weighed 1lb. 11 ozs. and was 25 wks. She is the March of Dimes Ambassodor for the Mid-South this year! Stand Firm, God is sooo good. We pray daily for Carrick and Mommy & Daddy, as well as grandparents. It's a journey, but well worth it!!! Linda Lazenby & Family (Addison Banks admiring grandmother)....Her Bible verse Matt. 17:20
Jenni and Will,
Good news! I am so excited he is doing well. And since I have not heard from you this morning, I am assuming still good news! WooHoo!
We pray as often as we think of you and Carrick. We are praying that he will keep on improving and you will soon get to hold that munchkin!
We love you all soooo much.
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment