Tuesday, June 10
June 10 Update
Carrick is having a wonderful week so far. We couldn't ask for one better. Not much has changed dramatically, so for a blog, this might be kind of boring. But for a parent, nothing too sensational is great. Our little man is doing great. He's stable with nothing weird happening and no infections. He came down to about 28% on his oxygen needs today so they moved his CPAP pressure from 8 down to 7. It means he has a less forceful flow of air blowing into his nose. I thought when they moved him down he would need to go on a higher percentage of oxygen but he's still at about 30% and tolerating it fine. If he keeps up like this, then they can continue to move him down until he can get off the CPAP and onto a smaller nasal cannula. It will look more like the ones you see on people who need oxygen. The tiny one that goes over the ears. But that is still a few or more weeks away- I'm just saying if it keeps going like this it will be awesome. As far as feedings go, they have gone up to 7.5 ccs every hour and he's doing fine with it. We forgot to ask if he gained any weight. Will got to hold him again today. That's five days in a row we've been able to hold him! He loves to be held. He loves it! And that's literally all that's going on with him. Oh, also we got his hospital bills for the month of May. It's $270,000. His surgery was about $16,500. Thank God for insurance. Thanks for your prayers. More to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am praying that Carrick will continue to improve daily. Can't wait to see all of you!
Love,
Mom
Jenni,
Congratulations on your baby. I am so glad Carrick is improving. God does great things!
I haven't talked to your mom in forever. Here is my email: coleso@mansfieldisd.org.
I hope you remember us(From Hollis) Allison is keeping up with your blog. We only found out about it last week.
Congratulations on your baby.
Bob and Sonya Cole
Post a Comment