Friday, September 5
Sept.5 Update
We have been busy! Carrick is doing great and gaining a lot of weight, almost a whole pound in the past week! Jenni and I have settled into our routine of feedings, medicine givings, and doctor visits. We've been to the eye doctor once and the pediatrician twice. His eye doctor visit was long and crowded. He's not supposed to be in public spaces with a lot of people, but he had to go to the adult eye doctor's office. We got to wait in an exam room. Carrick's ROP has regressed a tad more, therefore, the eye doctor said he will most likely not need laser therapy! Alright! A nurse comes to check on him 3 times a week. She weighs him, measures him, listens to his heart and lungs, and asks us a lot of questions. We've already had his apnea monitor replaced because the power button would work some of the time and other times it wouldn't. His equipment and cords are still a hassle, and it literally takes both of us to transport him to the doctor. One day that will change, but at least he loves car rides. Jenni and I want to show him off badly, but he's trapped in our apartment for the next couple months, at least. We like it when people come to see us. He's trying to sleep right now, but preferred his mom to his crib. Oh, here's another piece of good news: his bowels have finally regulated themselves. It may not seem like a big deal, but it is to Jenni and I. No more baby laxative which means one less medication! Yeah! Carrick takes more medicine in a day than I have in my entire life. But he's growing and doing extremely well! Thanks for praying. All we have to do is make it through the winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YAY! i love the pics. What a beautiful baby boy! God is so good!
We're very proud of our Great Nephew! (and Neice and Nephew-in-law of course!!!)
We're also waiting for your comments after God puts the smell in Carrick's poop :)
Sam and Rose and Samuel
My fave pic is the one with Carrick folding his hands over his stomach. What a cute little guy! Keep it coming with the pics :)
Aunt Becca
Will and Jenni,
I'm so so glad Carrick is home and doing so well! Prayer is a wonderful thing, isn't it? It's so amazing to see how such a little human being can be so strong.
I'm continuing to pray for all three of you. It's been wonderful to read the updates!
-Wes
Jenni and Will:
I open the blog every day, several times a day to see my sweet grandson!
Everytime I see those pictures I smile and say a prayer of thanks! Keep the pictures coming.
Grandma Cindy
Post a Comment