Tuesday, April 29
April 29 Update 2
Well, Carrick is back under the jaundice light, but only the single one; he was under a double jaundice light the past couple days. The lab work came back this morning and Carrick received his first PDA treatment this morning! There will be 2 more doses given to him. He's still off dopamine. We read to him some more--a couple stories from his Bible and If I Only Had a Green Nose. We've also read Curious George, I Love You Through and Through, The Little Engine That Could, I Love You So..., and some stories from his New Testament stories book. He loves to look at the pictures and listen to us read to him! We're washing his blankets and things for him right now. His Uncle Jordan and Grandma (Mrs. Carrick) bought him a Wall-E blanket to go over his isolette (special box/crib thing). We're going to put that over it tonight, if the jaundice light is off. Jenni is almost done crocheting Carrick's blanket, and we can lay him on it when it's finished! Carrick has some kind of wire or IV on every limb and some of his torso. But he still wiggles and moves around like a champ! The nurse gave him some pain medicine this morning; he was moving a lot and they wanted to make sure it wasn't because he was in pain. That's all I can think of right now. More to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love the blog! We are definitely praying for all of you!
Thanks so much will for making this blog. I have been praying for you guys and its awesome to read all of this- I will be checking back often and continuing to pray for you guys.
Josh Kidd
We're praying for all 3 of you. Almost 14 years ago, we had twins arrive 9 weeks early. They're healthy teenagers today. Medical science is pretty amazing. More amazing still is that Carrick is now receiving a blessing very few newborns enjoy - concentrated, specific prayers directed his way by countless individuals. From what I know of you both (Will and Jenni) he's also coming into this world as the newest member of a very godly legacy. There may be moments in these next few days when it may not seem like it, but he is one very blessed boy!
Carrick is a beautiful 24-week preemie. I did 15 years of NICU nursing and I know the outcomes are better than ever. The most important thing is that he has wonderful God-fearing parents to love every day. I know God has great things in mind for him, and the 2 of you. You all are in our prayers. Love, Pam Tinsley
I'm so glad you made a blog & now I can know how Carrick is doing! I will be praying for for all 3 of you!
-Kristen
Great idea, Sarah! Will, Jenni & Carrick, our prayers are with you.
I'm so glad y'all started this so I don't have to make you repeat everything 15 times a day. We love all THREE of you very much! We are praying, praying, praying for you and for that precious boy.
Love, Tony, Rachel, and Elizabeth (Carrick's first friend whom he hasn't met yet)
Post a Comment