Tuesday, May 27

May 26 Update

Carrick pulled his breathing tube out tonight. When I say he pulled his breathing tube out or his breathing tube came out, I don’t mean that it came all the way out of his mouth. You see, if it moves a little in his throat it comes out of position. That’s what I mean when I say his breathing tube came out. It is a very short distance from right position to wrong position. He received another blood transfusion in preparation of his surgery tomorrow afternoon. Another heart echo today confirms that his PDA is open wide so the surgery is definitely necessary. The last couple of posts have been short because he hasn’t done much the last few days--just rest to get ready for his surgery. His infection looks cleared up, but he is still on antibiotics. He responded very well to Aunt Sarah's bible story, too; he opened his eyes to look at the pictures! Thanks for all the prayer! More to come.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think he really liked Uncle Kyle's wind sounds too! We really enjoyed meeting Carrick and seeing you guys. We will definitely be praying that the surgery is a success today.