Monday, May 5

May 5 Update 1

Carrick is having trouble breathing. They put him back on the ventilator last night and then switched him back to the CPAP at about 2am. His blood gases are bad. They did an echocardiogram at about noon today; we're waiting on the results. His lungs are over inflated. They have to keep going up and down on how much oxygen they give him. They don't know what the problem is. It's effecting his blood sugars, also. They want to give him a chance to breathe on his own, but he's struggling. His heart rate dropped last night on the first CPAP because he tired out. They're going to try another feeding today. There will be good days and bad days. You can look at the new pictures to see what his CPAP looks like.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Did I miss the May and June calendar pages?! I think Little Man likes his being on his tummy. Glad to see he's making good use of the isolette lights and getting a killer tan.

Anonymous said...

I just now have figured out that I can send you a message on your blog. I'm not that good with this kind of stuff so forgive me for not writing sooner. Thank you so much for creating a blog for Carrick. It helps so much to keep up with what's happening. We are thinking of you all so much and lots of prayers from this side of the ocean. I have a great big box of books ready to send so let me know where is best to send it.
All of us here in Germany are praying for little Carrick! Let me know what you need. I'll help if I can~! Take good care of yourselves as I know you are going through so much. Hug your mom for me, Jenni. All my love, Aunt Cathy

Anonymous said...

I am praying with you and for you. I don't have the words to say to express my heart. Just know you are being lifted up. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Will and Jenni and Baby Carrick! We are family of some of your friends, friend! Whew! We sent your story to India and all over the world. You have many, many prayers coming your way. I hope you can feel God's presence with you... I can tell you that my daughter is 14-month old Ava Marie. She just came home on April 2nd - she contracted STREP A and it went into the blood, she went into septic shock...kidney failure... toxic shock syndrome etc. Her chances of survival was 30%. Without giving you the whole story - I can say that in the scariest of times - we trusted GOD and prayed on bended knee for our little girl. She was on the vent - the BI-PAP, the C-PAP (which all look so scary but actually prevented Ava from going back on the vent for a THIRD time) - she had dialysis twice and they threatened kidney transplant - she was on dopamine - dobutamine - epenephrin (sp?) - I could go on and on. As scary as all of these machines and meds are - they help so much! I want you to know that my family is praying for you. If there is anything that you guys need you should really post it so that we can send it to you! The worst word we hated to hear was TIME. In TIME, she was able to heal. She is home now as happy as ever. In His Name, The Tragle Family

Sarah said...

I love the picture of Carrick's eyes open. So cute! We are still thinking and praying for you guys daily. Can't wait to see you soon.