Thursday, June 26

June 26 Update

Yesterday Carrick did something we thought would happen in a couple weeks; he came off the CPAP and onto the highflow breathing machine. It functions the same way as the CPAP, but with less pressure because there is no loud bubbling. Yesterday he was on the highflow pressure of 5. This morning they moved him down to pressure 4. He was sitting at only 28% oxygen when we left tonight. The highflow is so much better for his face, also. He got 4 vaccinations today. He's also 9 weeks old. He's still being fed 8.5cc/hour and doing well with that. He's gaining weight everyday. He's also wearing clothes now; granted, even his micro preemie clothes are a little big, but normal babies wear clothes! I got lots of good pictures. We can see his face much better now. Carrick is doing so well! He's progressed seemingly light years in the past 2 days to Jenni and I. It's like we can finally see the beginning of Carrick coming home. Oh, here's something fun: Carrick pulled his feeding tube out this morning. He's still feisty. More to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such exciting news! You go Carrick! What great pictures, too! Can't wait for Gary to get home so we can come visit again! Glad the crib is up! Thanking God for all of His goodness! Love,
Mom!

Jack Leon said...

Praying for Ya'll. God is taking care and building up Carrick in a mighty way! Know that if there's anything ya'll need, let me know!

Emerge Blog said...

I'm so happy to hear Carrick is doing well. Praise the Lord! We are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I know Carrick is glad to get off that CPAP. I was an it once and it is no fun. It is amazing what God and good doctors and nurses can do.
Hang in there Carrick, way to gol