Sunday, June 8

June 8 Update

Carrick had a really great day today. It's such a relief when you go in to visit and the nurse is smiling. The doctors didn't have much to change. He went up to 7ccs of milk every hour and he's really enjoying it. He gained a whole ounce since yesterday. We're up to 2 lbs. 14 oz. He's still on a pressure setting of 8 on the CPAP and no one is talking about changing that yet. But he remains very stable on everything. We both got to hold him today for about thirty minutes each. We also heard him cry some more! We love to hear him cry! And for the first time that we have ever seen- he was sucking on a pacifier! The nurse stuck it in his mouth and he actually sucked on it! His eyes got all droopy and sleepy while he did. It was really cute. It would be so wonderful if every day was like these last few days have been. We know that the Lord has Carrick in his hands on the good days and the bad days. We just happen to like the good days better. Thanks for continuing to pray. More to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Pacifier! How cool is that! I bet it is really tiny! How neat that you can hear him cry, too. God is so good! We are both so excited for you!

Love,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Baby Carrick is on the way to becoming a big boy, Praise God. We rejoice with you.

Anonymous said...

I was out of town and unable to check the blog from Wed-Sun of last week. I can't describe how overjoyed I was to be able to come home and read those wonderful updates on Sunday evening! Wow! What a blessing. I am praying for Carrick!

Rachel