Monday, July 7
July 7 Update
Carrick moved into a big boy crib today! I know; how can so many good things happen in such a short amount of time? God is good! He's still eating 9cc/hour and doing well with that--very low residual levels. He is also doing a great job regulating his temperature. Just in the past few days, Carrick has been getting hot all wrapped up in his isolette. So this afternoon while I held him, the nurse switched his isolette for a crib. Even though all these good things are happening, Carrick still reminds us he's a preemie. He had a few apneas this morning while we were there. He's still on the highflow at a pressure of 2.5; his oxygen setting ranges between 23-33%. He's having trouble remembering to breathe again. He still gets a shot of caffeine everyday, along with some vitamins. Both of those are injected into his feeding tube, which is still run through his nose. But that didn't stop him from pulling it out during his bath tonight. His grip is only getting stronger. Jenni and I thought about how many times we've been to the hospital since Carrick was born: at least 140 times in the past 74 days. I think all the micro preemie parents deserve a monument or special parking area. We do the same thing everyday; we visit the hospital every morning and every night. I already miss him, and I was at the hospital 20 minutes ago. But he looks so cute in his crib! More to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Cribs! Open air, no plastic walls, no hand holes, cribs! So excited about that. Can I just say that he's got to be the cutest preemie ever. I mean, come on, that new title picture with the interlocked fingers...how much more adorable can you get? I also particularly love the chubby legs. God is so good! It thrills my heart to see faith becoming sight.
We love you three!
That new picture totally looks like he's praying! I love it!
WOW! love the pic. What great news. He's geeting so big. Praying for you guys always.
Hey Sweeties!
What great news! And the pictures are so adorable! We can't wait to see him this weekend! God is so very, very good!
Love,
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment