Sunday, August 3
Well, Carrick had a pretty big day, spit-up wise. After his morning bottle I (Jenni) was holding him and I'm pretty sure half the bottle came back up. It went all down the side of my shirt, all over him, and all over the chair I was sitting in. It made me think about what will happen to our furniture when he comes home. Which he is a little closer to doing after the doctor visit today. Carrick's oxygen requirements have gone down to about 23%. He was even on room air (21%) for awhile today. The doctor's plan is to keep him down and then switch him to a different nasal cannula with a portable tank so he can come home. There is something else to consider. The retinopathy in Carrick's right eye has progressed slightly. He is now between stages two and three. If he comes home on this particular oxygen tank, it will always be blowing 100% oxygen. This creates a risk for his ROP to get worse. The doctor will talk with the eye doctor and come up with a safe plan. That's all for today. Thanks for your continued prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Carrick is looking great. He reminds of my 2 boys when they were born. Now they are 22 and 24 years old. I can't sit, hold them in my arms and bond anymore. I guess that is what their girl friends are for.
Everyone at Habitat for Humanity of Williamson County has Carrick in our prays.
Tom Kush
Carrick is looking great. He reminds of my 2 boys when they were born. Now they are 22 and 24 years old. I can't sit, hold them in my arms and bond anymore. I guess that is what their girl friends are for.
Everyone at Habitat for Humanity of Williamson County has Carrick in our prays.
Tom Kush
Carrick is looking great. He reminds of my 2 boys when they were born. Now they are 22 and 24 years old. I can't sit, hold them in my arms and bond anymore. I guess that is what their girl friends are for.
Everyone at Habitat for Humanity of Williamson County has Carrick in our prays.
Tom Kush
Post a Comment