Wednesday, October 15

October 15, Update

Another couple of weeks have gone by. Carrick went to visit the surgeon who will perform his hernia surgery on Monday. The surgery is set for early December and it should be an outpatient surgery. He most likely will not have to stay overnight. The next day he saw the pulmonologist who gave us a plan for weaning him off his oxygen. Everyday for an hour we put on his pulse-ox (the device that measures the oxygen saturation in his blood) and turn off his oxygen. We do this when he is playing quietly. Not when he's sleeping or being really active. If his saturation gets below 93% or if he starts breathing heavily, we turn it back on. If, for three days in a row, he has "passed", then we can increase his time off the oxygen by thirty minutes. She said if everything goes according to plan he could be off his oxygen in a few months. She's very optimistic that by spring he will no longer be using it. We are thrilled about this. So please pray that God will continue to heal his lungs. He also got his first RSV vaccine yesterday. He did not enjoy it, to say the least. The doctor said that we still need to stay away from grocery stores, malls, and churches for awhile but that we could definitely visit our families in Tennessee for the holidays! Will and I had wanted to visit my relatives in Oklahoma for Thanksgiving but with Carrick still on his equipment, it's impossible. Sorry Grandma- I love you! The last few days with Carrick have been difficult. He's just been grumpy and fussy and his reflux has been acting up. Of course, they did say it would get worse before it got better, but I still hate it. That is really all that's going on with Carrick at the Turner house. Thanks for your continued prayers and support. Also, I put up some new pictures comparing Carrick when he was first born to what he's like now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!

What an amazing family you have! Carrick is absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy for all of you and your families. My boys and I continue to pray for baby Carrick. I'm so amazed at the progress he has made. God is so good!

Angela Duncan
(Nancy Barlow's step-daughter, Nashville)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new family picture, Jenni you look gorgeous!

Rachel said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new picture and the way you alternated between the newborn and the 5-month pictures. So precious! We love y'all.