Friday, October 3

October 3 Update

This one is from Jenni. So it's been awhile since the last post. I find that having a kid at home makes one a little busy. What's new with Carrick? Well, he no longer has to see the special eye doctor- he can just go to a regular pediatric eye doctor. So we are out of the woods with his eye issues. In a couple of weeks we finally get to go see the doctor who will perform his hernia surgery and get things moving with that. We will also go see the pulmonologist soon. She will give Carrick his first RSV vaccine and I'm really hoping she will say that it's okay for us to get out more and do things like go on walks. The weather has been beautiful lately and it's Carrick's first fall! I want to take him on walks and show him how pretty all the trees are when the leave change colors. Not that he'll care much but it will make me feel better. I love autumn. But there will be other years to enjoy that and I know that it's more important to do what's best for him, rather than doing what I want. That doesn't make it easy though. I'm sure every single parent can relate entirely to that sentiment. Carrick had his five month birthday last week. I told him it was his birthday and he fell asleep he was so excited. But his corrected age is seven weeks. Having such a huge gap between his real age and his corrected age is a constant reminder of how very early he was born. Five months and seven weeks! That's huge. But he's doing awesome. Except for the oxygen, if you looked at him you couldn't tell he was micro-preemie born on the "edge of viability" as the doctors called it. He's a chunkster. He weighs over ten and a half pounds right now! He's about twenty- two inches long. He's starting to make "happy noises" and I think he'll laugh soon. Sometimes he tries. He's doing this new thing where he is just so fussy until you stand him up and then he gets happy. He's discovered he can bounce up and down when you do that and he loves it. He's still working on pushing himself up off his stomach. He only tolerates that for about ten minutes before he either gets frustrated and cries or falls asleep. Which, by the way, he is doing all night, most nights, thank you very much. He's been doing it for about a week now. We put him in his crib in his room and we sleep in ours and that is nice. He's also working on sitting up. He likes it when you hold him in a sitting position. The other day, Will was talking on the phone in the living room and pacing back and forth and Carrick was sitting in his bouncy seat just following him with his eyes. He loves to watch his dad and I see him turn all time at the sound of his dad's voice; looking to see where he is. He also loves to just stare at Will, which I think is adorable. Oh yeah, he's also completely outgrown his newborn clothes! I've put some new pictures up just to show him off. This has been a long update for a long absence.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad to hear he's doing so well. The pics are adorable! Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

hooray for the update! So excited to hear he is doing so great! I just want to squeeze that little guy!
Love,
Grandma

Rachel said...

I LOVE the feet pictures and the Bumbo seat one! That's exactly how E looked when we tried to put her in it the first time. And he is SO chunky! We just love that little moose valuable player. :)

Unknown said...

Oh Jenni, he's sooo beautiful!!! Your mom always glows when she talks about little Carrick, she's such a proud grandma!! Can't wait to be able to see him!

-Jessica Foster