Sunday, November 30
November 30 Update
Well hasn't it been a long time since we updated the blog?! In the month since our last update we have moved from Atlanta, GA to Macon, GA. Macon is about an hour and a half south of Atlanta. Will has accepted a job at a church here as the student pastor. Carrick has handled the move well. He is over his cold, but we have not been able to begin weaning him off of his oxygen yet because it has taken nearly six weeks for his breathing to recover completely. He still wheezes sometimes and we usually have to give him extra breathing treatments throughout the day. At his last pulmonologist visit in November the doctor decided she wanted an ultrasound of Carrick's heart before we begin weaning him off of oxygen officially. This will allow the doctors to see how his heart is doing and make sure taking him off oxygen will not put too much pressure on it. That can sometimes happen with babies in his condition and the treatment for it is actually oxygen. Since we have moved we have new doctors who will continue the work. But his appointments with the new doctors must wait until December when our new insurance begins. We're in luck because that is tomorrow! His first visit with his new pediatrician is in a few days and he will be the one to re-certify Carrick's hernia surgery and re-order Carrick's medical equipment. The visit to the pulmonologist is in a couple of weeks where we will continue with his RSV vaccines and, hopefully, begin the process of getting rid of the oxygen. It's actually been quite confusing with all the changes of doctors and having to work out how to continue Carrick's treatments in the meantime. I will be very glad when the new year rolls around and everything gets settled. Carrick's hernia surgery is still scheduled for December 9. I am hoping it will not be postponed because of change in insurance or for any reason like that. It will all work out in the end, I'm sure, it's just very frustrating right now. But Carrick is healthy and happy(most of the time) right now and that is the most important. He had his first visits home for the Thanksgiving holidays this past week. It was so great to finally be able to take him to visit family. He did very well. He showed off all his smiles for everyone and he showed his true colors to his Uncle Kyle and Aunt Sarah when they tried to feed him! Ever since his cold he has a few feedings during the day when he will either throw a fit or refuse to eat altogether. I think this may be due to the fact that his nose is stuffed up and he has trouble breathing. But, sometimes, it seems he just wants to cry for about ten minutes and then he will happily take his whole bottle. I'm hoping this is just a phase. He is still gaining weight, although more slowly than when he first came home. He's also about to outgrow his three month size clothes! Hurray for growing babies! Developmentally, he is doing wonderfully. He laughed for the first time a couple weeks ago. He babbles a lot now and blows raspberries at you. He has discovered his hands and spends hours just staring at them and making his fingers do different things. He also loves to stand and bounce. You have to hold him, but sometimes he refuses to sit- he just wants you to stand him up. He has some strong legs. He really is a joy to have around right now. He interacts with lots of smiles and faces and he always seems to be discovering things. I saw him eyeing his feet with interest a few days ago and I think they might be next. Thanks for your continued prayers and support. Hopefully, now that we are moved I can keep this blog going regularly again so I can share all the fun holiday stories with everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've been waiting for this! Glad to hear Carrick is doing so well. We miss you three a WHOLE lot and still can't believe you're not 10 steps away. Give Carrick a big kiss for us and hope we get to see you guys veeeery soon. We love you!
P.S. I LOVE the new pictures! When the heck did he get all that hair?!
What a cutie! I am so glad for the update! Can't wait to see all of you while Dad is in Paris!
Post a Comment