Wednesday, March 18

March 18, "As of the last two months" Update

Okay, I know it's been awhile since the last update, but I have so much good news! In the last two (almost three) months so much has happened with Carrick that the prospect of writing an update is now an overwhelming one. To simplify I'll just list some things out. Things Carrick can now do: grab everything in sight, pull my hair painfully hard, rip his dad's glasses off his face, play peek-a-boo, beat things on the table, say "oh', yell "oh", make the "p" and "d" sounds, "sing" to himself, eat baby food from a spoon, scream when you try to show him how to work a sippy cup, stand up holding on to something, laugh when you blow raspberries on his tummy, splash all the water out of the bath, squeal with delight at the dogs, scoot backwards, fall asleep on his back and wake up on his stomach, suck his toes, squeeze his ears,throw his head back to look at all the fans in every room, sit up all by himself, breathe without oxygen, and sleep without an apnea monitor. That's right, he is off all his equipment for good. We are so excited. Now when we take him out we just put him in the car like a normal baby. No more switching to a portable tank. It's wonderful. He's still working on teeth. I keep thinking they will come every day but they have yet to make an appearance. He can't crawl, pull himself up, or stand unsupported yet, but, oh he wants to. This kid hates being still. He ALWAYS wants to be moving. When he turns into a toddler we are going to have lots of fun. Life right now is good for Carrick. He was sick the entire month of February with what seemed to be a sinus infection. That's behind us now and I am very grateful. Right now we are working on standing and figuring out how to drink from a cup. The last one is going to take some work. He hates it. Next month he'll be one year old! If the nurses from the NICU could see him now, they would be amazed. He still has to get breathing treatments everyday and he still needs reflux medicine. After everything else, though, these are no sweat. I'm going to put up lots of pictures because it's been awhile and I finally found the card reader which has been missing since Christmas. Thanks so much for still thinking of us.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Woo-hoo! An update! I had despaired of ever seeing a new blog again. :) What great news too--trying to drink from a cup and standing up and scooting! He is just too big. I can't believe he's almost one. Gah I wish I could see y'all! Love you!

Amanda said...

I love it! The pictures are great and the news is greater! I can't wait to see y'all this weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
We can't wait to see you! (and your parents too!)


Great Uncle Sam and Aunt Rose and Cousin Samuel Holthe