Wednesday, April 30

April 30 Update 2

People have been asking me, "What's it like to be a father?" Well, this morning reminded Jenni and I how frustrating it is to be parents. The NICU is usually quiet and calm. All the nurses and doctors are so considerate. But we ran into a bad shift this morning. Some loud nurse kept talking about her new cell phone and does anybody have ring tones for her. Nurses were yelling across the room to each other. Jenni and I were trying to read Oh The Places You'll Go (I know he's not graduating from High School yet), but everyone was so loud. It was so frustrating. I can't even remember hearing anything from the background the past several days. Hopefully tonight will be better. The doctor called today and he hasn't changed Carrick's settings from yesterday. He's still getting the medicine for PDA. They'll do an echocardiogram tomorrow to see if it closed. We find out about his brain tomorrow, also. He was sleeping on his stomach this morning. He really likes being on his stomach. More to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenni, Will and Carrick. Thanks for setting up the blog! I LOVE reading the updates about the little guy. TONS of prayers are coming your way. Give the little guy our love! Love to yall, too!
Rob & Becca

Christen and Richard said...

Still praying for you guys. THanks for doing the blog. it is good to get updates.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to our world, Little Carrick! You are a part of beautifully close, loving families whose reaches stretch far. From hot Arizona, JP and I send love, thoughts, warmth, prayers, and blessings to you and your new Mommy and Dad. Will and Jenni, peace to you both.

Jodi Swanson