Sunday, June 22

June 22 Update

Carrick needs to gain more weight so his calories have been upped to 26 from 24. He's about 3 lbs 3 oz, but that's a pound behind what he would be if he was still in the womb. Everything else is the same. They keep his isolette at 28 degrees C, which is about 82.4 degrees F. That's around 10 degrees warmer than it needs to be. He's doing really well. Jenni and I are struggling to be patient right now. It'll be 2 months on Tuesday; two months without our son at home. No one's even mentioning a time frame for him to come home. We know he has a long way to go, but we want him home. But he's doing great! We're very thankful. More to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a word of encouragement from someone who has been in your shoes...my little girl stayed in the NICU 90 days before we brought her home to be with us...now 3 years later it seems like that flew by oh so fast, it is super, super frustrating I know!! That sweet baby boy will be home and in your arms before you know it!! You will ALWAYS see the Lords love beaming thru his eyes!! Everytime I look at my little girl, I just think about what a rough rough start she had but with Gods mercy and grace she is now a perfectly healthy toddler, when we were going thru the NICU days I would have never thought that we would have a "normal" life again. Please know that you are in my prayers and I would be happy to talk to you or pray with you if you ever needed too. My email address is banks_stephanie@bellsouth.net
In Him,
Stephanie Banks
Bartlett, TN